I’m joining Stasha for the first time on the Monday Listicle. Today’s list refers to home.
Ten words that describe our home are:
1. Floral. Although our magnolia tree’s blooms are already gone, it’s still a big enough tree to make people stop and look. We have daffodils, elephant ears, and azaleas in bloom now.
2. Abundant. We’re growing strawberries, tomatoes, and hopefully cabbage.
3. Flanked by irritating neighbors. This needs no further explanation.
4. Unkempt. Try as I might, I can’t keep the place clean.
5. Musical. Impromptu dance-offs, preferably with instruments none of us can play. There is always music on.
7. Aromatic. If chicken and/or bacon is your thing, you’re in the right place.
8. Loud. We all contribute.
9. Fun. There’s nothing like an UNO tournament or hide and go seek where the toddler hides in the same spot every time, amazed that he was found first yet again.
10. Well-stocked with spirits. And no, I don’t mean ghosts.
I oftentimes complain about my house. It’s dirty, overflowing with paper, too noisy, too small. Yet, I remind myself that while it may be those things, it is also ours and I wouldn’t trade it. (Well, I would, but it’d have to be for one hell of a better house!).